Race Day Details
Race Day - June 10, 2017!
- 5-mile timed & untimed
- 1-mile untimed
- Start: 16th Avenue/Sullivan Arena
- Finish: Anchorage Football Stadium track
- 6:45-8:15 a.m. Bib Pick-Up; Registration for untimed events only; Merchandise sales
- 7:30 a.m. Yoga Warm-up with Anne Marie Moylan
- 7:55 a.m. Survivor group photo under finish arch
- 8:00 a.m. Staging all events
- 8:20 a.m. National Anthem by Kira Eckenweiler
- 8:30 a.m. 1-mile run/walk start
- 8:45 a.m. 5-mile run/walk timed start
- 9:05 a.m. 5-mile run/walk untimed start
- 9:20 a.m. 5-mile UNTIMED PARTY WAVE & STROLLERS!
- 10:15 a.m. Zumba workout with Suzy Spackman
- 10:30 a.m. Awards Ceremony begins!
- 11:00 a.m. The band N.E.D. plays to kick off the 25th Anniversary Party!!
Join the festivities with family and friends before and after the race! Yoga warm-up, free Kaladi coffee, Great Harvest bread, snow cones, water and other beverages, music, Zumba workout, and the awards ceremony honoring runners and breast cancer survivor competitors. The big 25th Anniversary Party kicks off at 11:00 a.m. with a performance by the band N.E.D. Make a day of it!
Wave Starts & Staging
All participants will be staged based on the race category for which they have registered. Staging will begin at 8:00 a.m. for all events. See start corral map.
It is each participant's responsibility to be in her start corral 30 minutes prior to event start time. Participant bib colors will match the start corral colors as shown on the map. Look for the colored flags in your start area.
- 8:00 a.m. Staging all events
- 8:30 a.m. 1-mile run/walk start | Corral at 8:10 a.m.
- 8:45 a.m. 5-mile TIMED run/walk start | Corral at 8:15 a.m.
- 9:05 a.m. 5-mile untimed run/walk start | Corral at 8:35 a.m.
- 9:20 a.m. 5-mile untimed party wave & STROLLERS | Corral at 8:50 a.m.
An elite corral is reserved for runners who completed the 2016 Alaska Run for Women in 35:35 or better (pace 7:07/mile). Runners with elite status will enter the starting area via the 1-mile corral and be escorted to the starting line after the 1-mile race is underway. Runners who did not participate in the 2015 event can email firstname.lastname@example.org with documented race results to petition for access to the elite corral.
Entertainment on Race Day
A big thank you to all the wonderful volunteer entertainers who add fun out on the course and on the infield.
If you are interested in providing entertainment on the course, email email@example.com
- Anne Marie Moylan, Yoga warm-up
- Kira Eckenweiler, National Anthem
ON THE COURSE
- Jazz Mom, Melissa Fischer
- Folk Music & Jugglers - Jim Kerr, Carole Ann & Jim Wolfe
- Rick Zelinsky & Mark Manners Jazz Combo
- Anchorage Scottish Pipes & Drums
- The SpeNerds
- Tomodachi Daiko Drummers
ON THE INFIELD
- DJ Samuel, The Northern Light Collective
- Alaska Career College Massage Therapy Student Sports Team
- Suzy Spackman, The Alaska Club – Zumba workout
- N.E.D. Band - Performing during 25th Anniversary Party!
2017 Honorary Race Starters
This year the Alaska Run for Women is selecting 25 honorary starters to acknowledge each of the 25 years of our effort to fight breast cancer.
We are assembling a diverse group of 25 breast cancer survivors who have, through the years, shown a commitment to this event and to battling
the disease. You will recognize this special group of survivors by the sashes they will wear on race day identifying their status as honorary
starters. We thank them for helping in the effort to educate the public on the importance of early detection and the role of research in the
fight against breast cancer. STAY TUNED FOR THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF ALL WHO ARE PART OF THIS IMPORTANT GROUP!