Each year the goal is to get bigger and better. As the Run grows so too does the grant fund – helping to support Alaska's women with breast cancer detection, outreach, education, awareness and research. Sign up and bring your friends and family along with you. Grab your sisters, mothers, daughters, co-workers, neighbors...you get the idea! This event is for every female in Alaska. Please register your kids - girls of all ages are welcome - they will love wearing their own race bibs! You don't have to be a runner to come out and share the warm camaraderie that happens each year when thousands of women come together in sisterhood.
How Can I Register?
In order to include all women regardless of economic circumstances, the Run for Women has no set registration fee. This event relies solely on donations, and every dollar makes a difference!
If you are able to donate, may we suggest a $25.00 donation (more is always welcome)? The greater your donation, the more we are able to fulfill the mission of grant making to organizations concerned with breast cancer awareness, research, education, outreach, and mammograms for underserved women.
- Online registration for Timed Event closes Thursday, June 8 at 5 p.m.
- Online registration for Untimed Events closes Friday, June 9 at 5 p.m.
- Cost: Donation only. Please see above for suggested minimum
- Must be postmarked by June 1, 2017 – Download 2017 Race App
- Donation Only. Please see above for minimum request
- Wednesday, May 31: 4-6:30 p.m. – The Alaska Club, Wasilla
- Saturday, June 3: 10 a.m.-1 p.m. – University Center*
- Tuesday, June 6: 4-7 p.m. – University Center
- Thursday, June 8: 4-7 p.m. – University Center
- Saturday, June 10: 6:45-8 a.m. – Mulcahy Stadium
- Donation Only. Please see above for minimum request.
Note: Registration for the 5-mile timed event closes Thursday, June 8, 2017 at 5 p.m.
You cannot register for the 5-mile TIMED event on race day! Registration will be available for the UNTIMED 5-mile (including PARTY WAVE & STROLLERS) and 1-mile events the morning of the race. Lines can be long on race morning, we encourage everyone to register and pick up their bib before race day if possible.
Can’t attend? Register as a Phantom and donate to the cause!
Form a Team!
A group of five or more women make a team. Individual team members should register but indicate their team name on the registration form. For more on teams, go to the teams page.
Male Participation in the Alaska Run for Women
The Alaska Run for Women has a dual mission to raise money for and awareness of breast cancer, and to provide a competition venue for Alaska's women athletes. Visit the FAQ page for details of how all family members and friends to support the event and the breast cancer cause
*Providence Imaging Center’s Mobile Mammography Unit will be at the University Center on Saturday, June 3 during registration. Get your annual mammogram and pick up your race bib at the same time! You must call prior to June 1 to schedule your appointment. More information available here!